Vote for Buy By Mom

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Wednesday, January 20, 2010

    Dismiss the Bill

    A letter I wrote to my Senators:

    I am writing to request you vote against the health care bill.

    The bill does not accomplish what it originally set out to do which is help those who do not have insurance to obtain insurance.

    I respectfully request you(and President Obama) heed the advice Mr. Obama gave to President Bush when President Bush tried to privatize a portion of social security: the American people have spoken and the President should listen to them.

    If you wish to work on real health care reform, I suggest you focus on the following real issues:

    1. Work diligently to eliminate the fraud, waste and abuse prevalent in Medicare and Medicaid.

    2. Enact tort reform

    3. Work to make policies portable from state to state.

    In closing, I would appreciate a response: not a form letter trying to convince me this bill is a good idea, but a well thought out response to the issues I have raised.

    An active voter,
    Julianne Alvarez-Wish

    0 comments: